Saturday, January 16, 2010

Solitaire Night with a cup of Pu-er Tea

Hundreds year ago, I wonder… maybe someone there like me sitting in deep dark night enjoying a cup of Pu-er while writing some thought and feeling, he may use paper and ink and I with the keyboard and who know many years to come I wonder there are someone doing the same in a cold night like today.

It is a hectic day since 2009, today is my very first off day. Yet again technology never leaves me alone as I still received SMS regarding some work matter.

My jobs environment opens me to see many faces and walk of life, their story always remind me that we tend to lose the true track of life by running and chasing off track into the materialistic world.

Young kids have tons of homework and heavy schedule of tuition while adults keep on meeting month end without even spend time to take a true reflection on the meaning of life.


Coming back to my tea…

My first brew of tea was just nice but my second brew of tea is bitter as I am too into typing here and over look the timing of brewing, it is the same… how I “surviving” rather than “living”… sigh… how I miss the good old days.

I never like “today”, it is so cold in all people faces.

I wonder where all those warm smile and friendly look gone?

I never like “today”, it is about status, money and who’s who?

I wonder who really care once we are gone?

In contrast...

I like “today” technology for allowing us to reach many and make us stay in touch.

I wonder will these all make us a better society?

I like “today” new thinking as liberation of thought and sharing are far easier now.

I wonder will these make us more civilize or still the same old barbarian?

Let us stop for a while and enjoy a cup of tea, have some reflection and deep thought about our life.

Ignorance & violence only make us all fail as mankind and civilisation no longer serve any meaning.

7 comments:

  1. Finally an entry for year 2010. More personal touch to this year's style of blogging?
    Even when the mind settle stagnant like the tea leaves on the bottom of the teacup, One still find it hard to be shut from work, family & life; even just a moment. Reflections of daily routine still linger in thoughts.
    How many can really meditate, and let the mind free of 'polutions'. or it is just a pretentious sitting gesture, with querrels of thoughts happening in mind.
    I know I still cant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea taste never stay long
    So do the thought of Zen
    It is not you can't
    But it is you that not allowing it
    Even you allowing it, it is still there
    AS long as it is intentionally it is there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even the greatest GURU need practice
    Who are us to rush in for mind free?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said.
    Rushing seems to be a genetically borned behaviour nowadays. Rushing to work, rushing to get rich, rushing to get attached, rushing to get married , rushing for everything in life. life is short yet long enough. Take a moment in the morning traffic rush, look up, and embrace how nice the weather is today.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Anonymous" wow I kind of like what you say, you are so invisible yet visible, I heard your comment and I agreed, it is a true anonymous yet anomalous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anonymous,
    Thanks I'm flattered.
    I'm amused by the contradiction you created in me.
    So am I visible? or invisible?
    anomalous? or just commoner?
    HAHA I can never get the whole 'Yes yet No' articulated speech. :)

    ReplyDelete